Monday, February 8, 2010

I am not having the best of camera luck!!

So I took a bunch of pictures and my camera card crashed! So you only get to read what we have been up to... no pictures!

Our Mr. B has been one busy boy. He was in the Spelling Bee at school. He placed in the top 3 in his class and got to be in the school wide Spelling Bee. He finished 3 rounds before misspelling a word he knows. He says his nerves finally got to him. Never mind that all his former teachers, the principal, Mrs. K and his mom were all in tears at this momentous occasion. Speaking publicly is ONE HUMONGOUS step for Brayden, let alone in a competition. None of us could believe he did it. Usually he throws the competition in his class or refuses to participate.

He earned his Tenderfoot in Scouts...and the Cub Scouts finally got around to awarding him his Arrow of Light...7 months late. He was a bit of a stinker about it. He let everyone know he already had his Tenderfoot. The leaders had to hold his ceremony too...I was at parent teacher conferences and just couldn't get the chatty parents out of my room. I made it in the nick of time. Both sets of grandparents were there to cheer him on. I tell him all the time what a spoiled boy he is. Growing up, I only had a grandma on one side who always seemed to be on shift at the hospital and a cranky old grandpa on the other side. He gets smothered in love on all sides. Honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way.

I have a "friend" or I guess you could say "computer fix it guy", or "techno slave" at school who will be playing with my camera card. All of my photos of my students reading with our adopted grandmas and grandpas at the retirement home are on my card. If we get it fixed, pictures will come your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment