Fulton Middle School has a Last Day of School "Celebration". Awards are given for all sorts of things. Teachers give awards for students with top scores in certain areas. No surprise to us, but Brayden got Top Algebra Student. Which, I must admit, makes me laugh. ONLY because he had algebra as a 7th grader in Utah. When we moved to Missouri they didn't have Geometry for 8th graders unless he went to the high school for the class. We decided because he was adjusting to so many new things he could retake algebra. His teacher told me it got to the point in class where she would say, "Brayden, I know you know the answer. Let's have someone else give it a try." The best part was the cheer leaders trying to get him to "tutor" them. He's so shy. He said no.
Nice smile he's got there eh? I think he looks like he might be in pain.
I almost forgot....One award they give is from the Optimists Club to the Most Outstanding 8th Grader. Teachers nominate students and then the club looks over the student's academic and leadership skills. Brayden didn't win but was nominated. He said it was an honor and made him feel awesome just to be nominated.
That's so awesome! Way to go, Brayden, on your Algebra! That's one of my favorite subjects! I don't think I would have tutored either...I'd have been nervous.
ReplyDelete