Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I'm Allergic to Missouri!

Really I am.  I break out in hives every other day or so.  I can't breathe.  My eyes water and my nose ears and throat itch like a dog with fleas.  Sometimes when I drive down the road I can breathe fine.  Then, I drive past a particularly green pasture or a grove of trees.  My nose stuff right up and I can't breathe. Really I'm not much surprised.  I was allergic to Utah, too and it isn't as green and lovely.  AND I should have known.  I was allergic to Missouri when I was here on my mission.  It didn't go away.

 Oh, the kids in my class try to take advantage of my condition by acting all concerned and well maybe you should call a sub Mrs. Barton.  The one who let us play computer games all day.

My Doc and I are getting to be good friends.  I take Allegra every morning benadryl every night...and when I break out in hives.  I have to spray steroids up my nose and put drops in my eyes.

The Doc had a good suggestion...local honey.  Seriously, local honey.  Apparently, if you ingest local honey you get to help yourself develop a tolerance to what ails you.  A teacher friend does it and says it works. No surprise when I mention my "idea" about honey to Lynn.  Mr. academia studied the phenomena in one of his medical (I can't recall the term) classes.

So, I guess I'm off to the farmer's market to find some local honey.  Who knew something so sweet could be so helpful.

2 comments:

  1. I knew about the honey but someone told me to add 1/4 tsp. of cinnamon to it as well. Not sure why. Google it first if you think it has any merit! Good luck! Oh, try the sinus rinse every single day - it will clear the pollen and stuff out of your sinus. I know that works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone told me about that for Todd's allergies a few years ago. What helps the most for us is the NasoPur nasal rinse. It's pricey...about $20 to start out. But it's so worth it. I don't like the Neti pot style because I can't get my head tilted just right. But with the NasoPur, you don't have to tilt your head in a certain angle. With allergies I rinsed daily. Such a big difference. You can use it for colds too. How's the local honey working??

    ReplyDelete