Saturday, March 17, 2012

Lynn Turns the Big 40!

I've been accused of a lot of things.  Most of them true although I'll probably deny I had anything to do with them.  One I hear a lot is that I'm a cradle robber.  Yes, me.  I guess first of all I had to go on a mission to Oklahoma to learn to like cowboys (because before that I would rather puke than kiss one...)   AND then I had to realize younger may be better.

Lynn is exactly 18 months and two days younger than I am.  When I turned 40 he planned a big party for me and called old friends to make sure they called to harass me.  I thought there was NO WAY I could do anything like that for him.

I was wrong.  A little e-mail to the CVMA class of 2015 and he got enough attention alright.  One friend gave him plastic dinosaurs so he wouldn't be alone as a fossil.  (I like that one best...)  Ever since my b-day Abby has wanted to buy an old guy cane for her dad.  We came through on that one too.

However, we spent the evening of his birthday a "Battle of the Bands"  Listening to our little boy blow his horn.  To tell you the truth, I don't think Lynn would have liked anything more.  He's an amazing dad and sure loves, gets a kick out of, his kids.

Here's to 40 more!  (Maybe a few more than that too...)

Pictures coming as soon as I find my camera...

No comments:

Post a Comment