So far the children being grounded from electronics hasn't been as bad or as much of a punishment on me as I thought it would be. Brayden is putting together model airplanes he has had for some time. The twins are playing in the basement with toys long forgotten and I get to watch a show or two I didn't know existed. They still are fighting in the mornings. Brayden can't resist teasing Elise and she bites every time. So the grounding will stay on a while longer.
As far as budget cuts at school... 2 days will be cut from the school year IF the school board approves it. Plus we have two furlough prep days which I will end up working for free. My salary is unfrozen to what I should have been paid this past year but not up to what I should be getting this next year. However, any pay raise I get will be eaten up in new insurance cost increases. So, what does it amount to? Gratitude for a job, and a pay check that doesn't bounce.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I just finished reading the book: Simplicity Parenting by Kim JOhn Payne, M.Ed., with Lisa M. Ross. You should give it a read! You may just want to eternally keep the smack down in force!
ReplyDelete