Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Update! Update!

For lack of anything that really goes together...

First of all KUDOS to Lynn. Out of the 250+ pre-med or pre-vet students in his chemistry section... HE got 100% on his first chemistry test!!! Yea!!! I think we are on to our 4th 4.0 semester in a row. His counselor and myself BOTH think he will have NO problem getting accepted into vet school on the first try. (Lynn says I need to stop bragging him up too much, he will be WAY embarrassed if all this falls through... typical Lynn).

Here's a tidbit of information for you. Out of state tuition at Oklahoma State University is CHEAPER that in state tuition at Washington State. Lynn says to me, "You've done Oklahoma before. Do you think you could do it again?" Well heck yes. I wouldn't be a missionary this time. Tornadoes aren't so bad. It's the okra I really don't care for. BUT... we just heard Utah's legislature gave the OK for USU to do a take two program with Washington State. It would begin its first year the year Lynn would be ready to start, so maybe we wouldn't have to move... I just LOVE sitting around waiting and not knowing. I plan things out. I'm prepared. I don't like surprises. It's a bit like when the technician said she saw two babies and not one... I haven't been the same since...

Abby and Elise started back to dance today. They have tap first and then ballet right after. Two hours of dancing. They looked a little tired when I picked them up tonight. The kids ride their bikes to and from school as well so their little bodies are getting a work out. Abby was curled up in the recliner with her eyelids half shut. I had to jiggle her awake to do homework.

I need to take a picture of the floor in Brayden's room. I make him clean it. It does no good. Minutes after a clean inspection the Lego's are back all over the floor. If you stop and take a minute to look at the mess you can see how well it is organized into type, size and color. You have to navigate the labyrinth to get to his bed. Luckily for me I am not scared of a little plastic so I can pin my baby boy down with the covers and give him kisses every night.

I personally am taking one day at a time. My huge class of many second graders has been a bit daunting. They are, shall I say, NEEDY. It takes us FOREVER to do anything. I had to stop what I was teaching in math and go back and begin very basic addition. Too many of them just didn't "GET" it. I knew I was in trouble when a boy raised his hand and looked at me totally confused and said, "Mrs. B? What IS subtraction?" I feel for the kids who are soooo smart they look like they are bored silly. I do have a few of those. I'm thinking my aide will have to take out the smarty pants to challenge them, instead of the low kids to catch them up.

Last night I dreamt about making my class practice lining up. They never did do it and we were late for lunch and never did make it there. Any dream interpreters out there who want to give me a reading?

One thing I know for sure. I'm happiest when I am too busy to worry about myself. The more dishes piled in the sink the better. I wouldn't be less busy or have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment