Living in the mid-west presents its challenges. One challenge, is severe thunderstorms producing tornadoes and hail. This morning, as buses of kids arrived at school (about 8 am), a humongous hail storm unleashed on us and continued for about an hour. I snapped a picture out my classroom window and only realized later the screen really showed up in the picture making the hail look like snow.
I was waiting for the tornado sirens to go off. Luckily, they didn't sound off. My already freaked out students didn't need to take cover on top of the pounding hail and booming thunder. After I took my students to specials, I stepped out the doorway to snap a photo of the river running down the drive. I checked the weather report and we received 2.5 inches in under an hour.
After lunch I went to check on my car. It is hail damaged. My car is silver and the dents appear as water droplets, although there are some water droplets on the lower right side of the picture. The dark colored cars showed the dents more prominently.
A principal at another school a short distance from ours took pictures of the hail in case we needed it for insurance documentation. Pretty big, eh?
Currently, we are under flood watch, severe weather watch and possible tornado threat. I am praying tonight is uneventful. Tomorrow appears to be more exciting with a forecast of tornadoes, more hail and high winds. I think I'll move to Australia.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment