This has been a well neglected blog. Sometimes I think I'm losing my mind or if it weren't attached as part of my brain, I would forget where I put it. Not that I'm complaining. The "sitting around and waiting" portion of our life seems to be over and we have moved into the "hurry and get where you're going" portion.
Lynn was accepted into four different vet schools. I know. What a smarty farty pants. We chose Mizzou. The University of Missouri at Columbia. things have gone nuts at our house. We're painting, laying tile and wood floors. All these little things which have been stacking up for three years while Lynn has been carrying a 4.0 or close enough to it. We hope to have it all finished in the next two weeks and list our home for sale.
Meanwhile.... I'm looking for teaching jobs in Missouri. There are plenty in St. Louis. I have offers. The only problem: I can't drive two hours to work. So, we're still praying for something to come open in Columbia. I get to go to the police station and get finger printed, again, only this time for a Missouri teaching license. I think teachers may get finger printed as much as criminals...seriously.
Everyone asks me how the kids are taking it. Well, sometimes they take it well and sometimes they don't. Little Abby crawled into my lap last night and started to cry. She's in 4th grade this year and studying Utah history; which means she knows that once upon a time they had a Mormon Extermination Act in Missouri. She's a little concerned. We had a nice talk. I told her I wish I could tell her everything would be perfect, wonderful and OK but I don't tell kids things I don't know to be true. All I can tell her is I have faith and hope things will go well and if she exercises her faith, Heavenly Father will watch out for us and what better thing can we ask for? Plus, she has her family. We're an awesome family so she won't be alone and better yet...she's a twin! A built in friend! How lucky is she?
Now...if I can find horse property for sale in the Columbia area at a good price we're in business!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I like your blog!...Daniel
ReplyDeleteGood luck Becky! I hope your house sales quickly and that a job lands in your lap! Can't wait to hear about your adventure!
ReplyDelete