Monday, October 12, 2009

Cross 'Yer Fingers!

So far no one but Elise has come down with the H1N1 virus! I'm knocking on the pressed plywood laminate of my gorgeous desk. I'm thinking I must have gotten her in really quickly and kept her contained. The Tamiflu kept her from getting terribly sick. She was really only "sick" for 36 hours.

In other matters at my school we currently have an artist in residence visiting from Ghana, Africa. His name is Zinsie Agginie. He is teaching us how to drum and is sharing native Fables with us. Zinsie is spending most of his time with the Second Grade, which is my grade. So far our 2nd grade classes are becoming champion drummers. I'm not sure what to say about the hampered, 2nd grade teachers. I'm thinking we need some serious remediation. He was giving us grief at lunch today when he found out 3 of the 4 of us hold Master's Degrees. I gave him grief back when I told him our degrees certainly weren't in drumming. If he wants an educational psychology consult we'd be happy to help out. I'm not surprised at how adept the 6th grade students were at drumming. Too much time on Rock Band?

I will post pictures if I can get one of my fellow teachers to take some photos of me drumming. Hopefully they will bring a smile to your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment